Tuesday, October 14, 2014

DIY Circle Garland

As I told you in my welcome post, you may see several post that have the "twodaisiesandanelephant" logo in them. This is one of them. I had prepared it for my previous blog, but since I decided to change everything it is now here :). 

For Em's first birthday, I did a lot of the decorations by myself. We didn't have a lot of money to spend on decorations... so, I wanted to DIY something myself. I had seen on several websites garlands using the simplest of materials.... paper and a hole punch. 

So, I grabbed several different colors of paper that correlated with the colors of Em's birthday party. Then grabbed the hole punch, some kite string and the tape. 

                       

I then just hole punched each of the papers several times. Once I felt like I had enough of each of the colors... it was about 40 each... I laid them out on my lap desk and placed the string on top. Then centered each, as each were placed semi-perfectly... I taped each and then flipped them over to make sure they would hang correctly on the wall. 






Once they were done, I hung the garland up around her bedroom door to add a little color over there. We also used several of the extra circles to add decoration around her Happy Birthday banner, to cover up the tape on the streamers, and to add a little pizazz to the edges of the kitchen counter where the food and what not was.

This was a simple little task that took me about 2 hours to complete from start to finish. Just another little addition that added an adorable touch to Em's birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment