Thursday, August 14, 2014

Book Shelf Additions Part 1


When we first started our daughters room we didn't have much. We only had a crib, a rocking chair, and a hand me down old dresser. So, we looked at some of our items that didn't have a home; we chose to take the bookcase that matched the crib and rocking chair.

I figured we could use the bookcase as a place to store her books, dolls, and toys. At first I had placed several Huggies wipes boxes in there. My goal was to recover them at a later date with polka dot fabric. Well, the more I thought about it the more i didn't like the idea. This was because I felt the boxes wouldn't hold up to wear and tear as well as they didn't seem big enough. So, back to the drawing board I went. After talking with my mama she suggested picking up some fabric bins. I had thought about them, but, also thought about a few baskets.

After weighing the options and looking at baskets we figured that the fabric bins would be our best option. So, we drove down to Target and picked up 4 bins in 2 different shades of pink. This actually helped pull out the lighter and darker colors of baby E's comforter.

No comments:

Post a Comment