Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Simple Homemade Sugar Scrub

As everyone's birthdays begin to pile up and holidays are just around the corner, sometimes we just can't afford the greatest things in the world. With that, I decided that it would be a good idea to try and make a sugar scrub. These were for my mama, my brothers girlfriend, and my mother in law. They honestly didn't take long to make and everyone seemed to like them... at least that's what they all said. 

Here's what I did ~

I grabbed a package of mini mason jars at Target. They were absolutely adorable!!


                                  

I then walked around the house grabbing quite a few of body washes that had been given to me, but never used. To be honest, some of them smelled way to strong to me... but, I knew a few people would enjoy them. 

After grabbing a few, I also grabbed a bowl, some sugar, and baby oil. I then started adding everything into the bowl. I used about a half a cup of sugar and a few drops of the baby oil. Then grabbed one of the body washes and added a little under a 1/4 of a cup. 

                               

Once all of the ingredients were in the bowl, I grabbed a spoon and stirred the mixture together. 

                                  

As everything was mixed together, I grabbed the adorable little mason jars and scooped the mixture into them. 

                        

After that, I put the tops on them and labeled each of them with type of body wash that I used. 

                         

It really was the simplest of gifts to make. As I said it took barely any time to make it... maybe 30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment