Thursday, July 17, 2014

Fixing The Cabinets

I decided to change over my previous blog to this blog. You can still find me over a at However, most of my blog posts from there will be transferred over to this one. So, at times you may see the "twodaisiesandanelephant" logo going across many of the photos. No worries, it is me. I promise.

When my husband and I moved into this house 9 months ago one of the cabinet doors was slightly off. We ignored it and figured "hey, we can fix it once we get settled." Here we are 9 months later, still not settled, and it's still not fixed.

However, this go round we had a little motivation to fix the cabinets. Our daughter. She's figured out how to open/close each of them and that's the first thing she does every morning now. Unless she sees the dogs bowls.

So, I grabbed the drill and pulled out the screws. It was completely noticeable on why the cabinet was off. With this picture, I've pulled the screws out. But, just imagine that the gap is pretty much like this with the screws in.

I then just sat there and patiently placed it in several different positions. Holding it up with my foot each time. When I finally got it the way I liked it without any real noticeable gaps (the door clearly did not fit there)... I went ahead and drilled the screws back in. 

And it looks A THOUSAND TIMES better!!! See...

Now, onto the main project and motivation for this.... Baby E's Cabinet Safety Locks!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment